Pathway to consent, power & kink
“Who came first? Dominant or submissive? Neither. CONSENT.”
Skilfully crafted 4 hours of self-reflection, exploration and connection, this is an invitation for you to find out what erotic leadership might look like to you. and how an understanding of your desires and power dynamics can empower you in the bedroom and beyond. Knowing more about your power will not only help you to become a well-equipped lover but also a wholesome, kind and better person, able to approach power shifts with better communication skills and empathy. Likely with less drama too 🙂
Part 1. To establish a balanced level of knowledge and experience of the participants in the room, we will start with consent. Playful, profound and connecting exercises will enable you to feel more relaxed and comfortable in the space, having gradually met others with respect and empathy.
Before we dive into exploring our power dynamics in its wide ranges, we will start with ourselves. Acknowledging what desires we carry around, perhaps sometimes secretly, how they could define us, limit us or maybe scare us. Opening up to our fellow participants will help us acknowledge and communicate our feelings, deeper truths and connect with vulnerability, all the necessary ingredients for power play.
Part 2. In the final part of the workshop, we will have the opportunity to put into practice all we learnt so far about consent, desires and power and bring it all together to create a unique and personal experience of your erotic leadership. To enrich that space we will introduce physical and mental restraint as a tool for playful and deeper possibilities of interaction. How to use restraint safely, creatively and effectively will be demonstrated.
Who is Marti Birch?
Marti is an international facilitator and speaker specialising in women’s empowerment and erotic leadership. With 11 years of experience in the sexuality field, Marti has created her own unique approach to transformation and education around consent, sex and relationships. Marti’s background as a professional dominatrix enables her to imbue her teaching with intersectional feminism and politics, and provide a broader perspective around power and empathy. Marti is also a multi-disciplinary artist, using her work as a tool for storytelling, empowerment, and survival in the world.
What will you take home from the workshop
- How to communicate desires, assert boundaries and connect in a sex-positive space
- How to stay grounded when aroused, excited, or triggered
- How to be an ally and stay open and kind when people from different backgrounds come together
- Rich experience of vulnerability, sensuality, a sense of community and empathy
- A playlist of songs which will be played throughout the workshop
Safe(r) space practices and access
Marti holds a safe space for exploration and discovery. Inspired by her drive for equality, she has developed a practice which has predominantly supported womxn and queer folk.
- Boundaries – honor your own and honor others’ boundaries.
- Everything is an invitation – you don’t have to engage with any activities and take your time and space to do what feels right at that time
- Be an ally – welcome to a space where everyone practices activities consensually with everyone, no matter their gender identity, sexual preferences. This is not a hook-up space
- Confidentiality – what happens in the space, stays in space
- No judgment – be kind to yourself and others, we are all humans worth respect and kindness
- Introverts corner – there will be a designated space to sit on your own, without having to engage in conversation and just simply take time off from whatever is happening, during the workshop and at the breaks. The UNCENSORED team will always be present if you want to chat.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible
- All genders, ability and sexual orientations welcome
- Whatever your relationship configuration, you are welcome here – come solo, with partner/s or a group
- There is no pressure to participate in anything that you don’t want to do
Please see the full access information here
Touch and sensuality
Erotic Leadership as the name suggest is closely connected to our self and our sexual expression. Some of the exercises might involve touch and gentle sensuality. Please always consider your boundaries before and during the workshop. If coming with a partner(s), lover(s) and pal(s) it’s great to have started these conversations before entering the space. Take responsibility for your body and your decisions first.
What to bring
- Loose and comfortable clothes
- Water bottle
- A blanket
- Feel free to bring your toys such as leather handcuffs, velcro strips or ropes if you have them. You won’t be missing out if you don’t.
- Notebook and pen
Sunday 23rd February 2020 at The Old Baths
h.12.30PM – 4.45PM
- Part One: 1 hr 45 mins
- Break: 40 minutes – lunch provided by Gaia Pulse
- Part Two: 1 hr 45 mins
Erotic Leadership workshop ticket and three workshops pass: