IN THIS TWO HOUR WORKSHOP, JOIN ANNA AND HENRIK ON THIS JOURNEY OF SELF-DISCOVERY!
Born out of solitude and whilst cleaning out our closets whilst quarantined, we bring you Selfie Stick Striptease. Teetering on the edge of narcissism and self-care, this workshop will show how this most annoying device can transform you into both cinematographer and performer in your own “Kopfkino” and spark joy in hard times.
We will begin with an accessible workout to get our blood pumping, then experiment with different ways to accentuate our movements through clever positioning of our selfie-sticks. You will be given time to create your own dance moves and teach them with the group or simply share your experience.
There will be no full nudity in this workshop. Participants of all genders are invited to creatively cover any naughty bits and nipples prior to the workshop!
Bring your selfie stick (or tape your phone to a broomstick) and drop it down low with us!
Who are Anna and Henrik?
Anna Natt was trained as a flamenco dancer in Spain before moving to Berlin in 2005. Her performance work focuses on themes such as socialization and gender expression, intimacy and vulnerability, often with a strong collaborative element with musicians and composers of different disciplines. Anna has presented workshops at various festivals and venues including Xplore Festivals and Karada House.
Henrik Seidel’s video and performance work focuses on researching solo sexuality and featured in UNCENSORED Festival 2019. He is co- founder of the group fuckingconflicts and currently a student of fine arts at Kunsthochschule Kassel. He is also a passionate stripper.
Safe(r) space practices and access
- Boundaries – honour your own and honour others’ boundaries
- Keep your camera on- even if you are sitting out of an exercise, we want to be able to see one another and remain connected to the group and facilitators
- Everything is an invitation – you don’t have to engage with any activities and take your time and space to do what feels right at that time.
- Be an ally – we welcome you to a space where everyone, no matter their gender identity, ability, sexual preferences is welcome. This is not a hook-up space. You do not have to have previously attended any sex/body/kink focused workshops, however, it is important that to cultivate a space of respect and trust, you must be open to embracing an environment of self-expression.
- Confidentiality – what happens in the space, stays in space. No screen grabs, filming or recording is allowed
- No judgment – be kind to yourself and others, we are all humans worth of respect and kindness
- Leaving early- the UNCENSORED team will always be present if you want to chat. If you choose to leave the workshop early we ask you notify a member of the team, this is so we can check in.
- Interpreters and personal assistants- complimentary tickets can be booked, email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve
- Ticket prices- we have a tiered ticketing scheme from £8-£15. If this pricing creates a barrier for you attending the event please email email@example.com and we will sort you out a ticket.
- Support an ally– If you are able to financially contribute towards the cost of an ally’s ticket, please add the ticket ‘Coming Together’, in addition to your order.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be aged 18+ to attend this event
- You follow the safe(r) space guidelines above
- We have zero-tolerance towards any sexist, homophobic, transphobic, racist, ableist, xenophobic, body-slut or kink-shaming and non-consensual behavior.
- You can not take a screen grab, record or film the other participants
- Keep your camera on, we want to see one another
Online Event: Monday 6th July 2020 // from 7 to 9 PM